dimarts, 10 de juny del 2014

Interview of the day



Abril Domingo

Today I'm going to interview the man who can make a guitar shake, James Marshall, best known as Jimi Hendrix.
He is an American  musician, singer, and songwriter. Jimi Hendrix is widely regarded as one of the most influential electric guitarists in the history of popular music, and one of the most celebrated musicians of the 20th century. 

+Hello Jimi, let's start with the interview. My first question is Who taught you how to play the guitar?
- Hello Miss Abril, I learnt to play the guitar by myself.

+ Wow really? That's amazing! And when did you start playing it?

- I started playing the guitar when I was really young. Exactly when I was 15.

+ You surprise more with every question Jimi, you start composing music when you where a teenager I think that's pretty cool because I couldn't do it. So tell me, what's your inspiration? I personally like your music very much.

- I am inspired musically by a lot of American rock and roll and electric blues musicians, I can't say just one person.

+ Hahaha you are really good at answering questions. I heard that you belive a lot in superstitions, have you got any ritual before a concert?
A picture of Jimi Hendrix.

- Well, I haven't got any ritual, but I used to burn my guitar after a concert.

+ It was a common notice, I think it's going to become a famous trait about you for decades.  You were the first artist to use stereophonic phasing effects in music recordings. How did you do that?

- I pioneered the use of the instrument as an electronic sound source. Players before me had experimented with feedback and distortion, but I turned those effects and others into a controlled, fluid vocabulary every bit as personal as the blues with which I began.

+ Amazing, you're such an incredible artist! In August 1969 you headlined the Woodstock Festival and Art Fair. How was the experience with the other musicians?

-  The band rehearsed for less than two weeks before the performance, but we didn't connect musically.  Before arriving at the engagement, I heard reports that the size of the audience had grown to epic proportions, so I did not enjoy the concert as I expected.

+ What a pity! But lots of people loved your performance! Jimi this was the last question, thank you for spending a little of your time answering the interview. Goodbye!

- It has been a pleasure, thanks for inviting me. Bye!






Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada